A place to connect with God and people.
Jesus was once asked, “What is the greatest commandment?” He responded by giving the two greatest commandments!
- Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
At Abundant Life, our goal is to help everyone who comes to do these very things – love God, and love others!
A City Set On a Hill
Ancient Israel was given a land right on the Via Maris, a road that went through the Ancient World, meaning that Israel was right on the crossroads of the entire then-known world. God’s people were to be a nation set on a hill, as it were, a shining light, for all nations to see! The prophets and Moses prophesied about how Israel was to be a sign for all people and all nations of the glory of the Lord. We believe that we, also, are to be set on the crossroads, as a beacon of light to shine to the people, pointing the way to the one true God, to Jesus, and the plan of salvation!
As Jesus said,
- Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
With the different members of the body working together, we hope to grow into a community that:
- Feeds the hungry
- Helps victimized women and children
- Clothes and shelters the homeless
- Reaches out to the imprisoned
- Strengthens families
- Helps to restore marriages
- Helps divorced families heal
- Teaches financial wisdom
- Teaches in-depth Bible studies
- Sends out and sponsors missionaries
- Assists in church-planting
- Proclaims loudly the gospel of Jesus Christ as the ONLY way of salvation!
He is the way, the truth, and the life!
We want to BE the church, which calls for the rallying of a community of believers!
This mission cannot be accomplished on our own. However, we are a church that believes in miracles and the power of God. As long as we keep Him at the forefront, and follow Him into battle wherever He goes, following His standard, we cannot fail.
- As Romans 8:31 proclaims, “If God be for us, who can be against us?”
Our vision is to be a light and sanctuary at the crossroads of society. According to Webster’s Dictionary, a crossroad is defined as “a central meeting place; a crucial point especially where a decision must be made.” We now have a facility at a crossroads, or a central meeting point, between Johnstown, Loveland, Greeley, Milliken, Fort Collins, Longmont, Brighton, Cheyenne and Denver where people can come and make the most crucial decision of their life – to follow and serve Jesus! Our new location is immediately off of I-25, in between Exits 255 and 257, at the crossroads of I-25, Highway 34, and Highway 402. We want to reach the Front Range of Colorado with the gospel!
Our plan to do that includes the following elements in our new building:
- Abundant Life Tabernacle: A congregation of people who gather together to worship and learn more about God’s will!
- Children and Youth Ministries: We have classes and activities designed specifically for varying age groups led by people with a passion to serve! As they grow in community, our goal is to teach young people and children more about the Bible and to bring them into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Specialized Groups and Classes: We hope to serve people at whatever stage of life they are currently in when they come to Abundant Life Tabernacle! Whether you are seeking something specifically for men, women, marriage counseling, singles ministry, divorce recovery, emotional or physical healing, or anything else, our desire is to help you!
- Cafe 5450: Our soon-coming coffee shop will feature high-quality coffee that can be obtained at our donations-only on-site coffee counter. If you choose to stay awhile, we will have a cozy, inviting seating area to foster a sense of community and relaxation. Pray, talk, study, counsel.
We are very excited about what God is doing and hope you will partner with us as we work to reach the Front Range with the gospel!
Will you join us?
Will you join with us in this mission of reaching the Front Range of Colorado with the gospel?
When David, as the king anointed by God, was running from Saul, we are told that a group of people came to him in the cave of Adullam. These were not the kind of people that you would expect to form a great army for the future righteous king of Judah!
In fact, we are told:
- I Samuel 22:1-2, “David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father’s house heard it, they went down thither to him. And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.”
If you fit into that group, you are welcome here. However, know that we won’t stay in that cave distressed, in debt, and discontented!
- I Samuel 22:5 says, “And the prophet Gad said unto David, Abide not in the hold; depart, and get thee into the land of Judah. Then David departed, and came into the forest of Hareth.”
The word ‘Judah’ means ‘praise’! We are leaving the hold, leaving the cave of depression, and entering into the land of ‘praise’ because we are joining in the fight with our God!
- Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Does that mean there will never be any difficulties? No, it doesn’t. Jesus warned His disciples about this:
- John 15:17-21 “These things I command you, that ye love one another. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me.”
But He also told them this in the next chapter:
- John 16:33 “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
Join with us on the mission of Jesus Christ to make disciples of all nations, knowing that He has overcome the world!